The Island of Sardinia, Italy
5-Day Tour in Collaboration with Wellness Expert Shari Hochberg
May 22-27, 2017
"Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly."
Located perfectly in the Mediterranean Sea, Sardinia has a charming natural environment that boasts soft white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and even a breathtaking mountainous region.
This magnificent island is a delight for the senses with lights and colors displaying both old traditions and wild and pure nature.
Together with Sole Yoga Holidays we chose the destination of Alghero, to launch our first Wellness and Water retreat.
Here in this eco-friendly city on the northwest coast, we will not only introduce you to this beautiful island, regional delectable cuisine, and native artisans, we will also be focusing on personal wellness.
Picturesque, Diverse, and Full of Tradition
1. Sardinia's water is so pristine that is famous for diving, specifically for natural coral. A well known location is Capo Galera where coral creates large colonies visible at a depth of 5-6 meters. From these natural reefs they produce some of the most beautiful handmade jewelry in the world.
2. Sardinia’s coastline measures over 1850km long and makes up a quarter of the total length of the Italian coastline.
3. Throughout the island, most commonly on the western side, you will find DOCG wines. They run from Carignano del Sulcis, Veranncia di Oristano, and Alghero and produce wonderful vintages of unique wines such as Cannonau.
Our Plan for the Week
Discover Alghero: With the assistance of our native guide we will walk the streets of Alghero. Encircled by ancient walls, this town is known for its cobblestoned old center. We will explore the gorgeous churches, local artisans and famous coral workshop.
Dive into the Breathtaking Sea: Experience the turquoise waters and surrounding beauty on our boat tour. We will view the Isola Foradada, with its enormous hollow section and the breathtakingly eroded Cala d’inferno. We can dive in and swim in the unspoiled, magnificent sea. We will also enjoy a fresh and delicious, seafood lunch on board.
Empower Yourself with Daily Yoga: Twice per day we have the option to practice energizing vinyasa yoga by the beautiful pool or in the designated wellness areas at our resort. Your yoga host, Shari will guide you through a vinyasa flow and during the week we will include a yin and restorative session for pure relaxation. As always, Shari will listen to what the group needs and adjust accordingly for the best yoga experience!
Nourish in the Sardinian Traditions: Enjoy home-cooked, organic meals, sensory wine and chocolate tastings, and learn about local cheese and breads. Our meals respects the traditional flavors and the authenticity of the regional ingredients.
Meet Your Co-Hosts: Cassandra & Shari
Cassandra Lena Santoro; Italian Travel Expert
CEO & Founder of Travel Italian Style
As a Sicilian-American, Cassandra's attachment to Italy started early. After her father’s untimely passing from cancer, she moved to Florence and found the true meaning of La Dolce Vita. Since living and working abroad, she has led countless tours, obtained her dual-citizenship and started her company, Travel Italian Style.
As a Personal Trip Planner and Luxury Small Group Tour Operator, Cassandra creates authentic, life-changing vacations for those passionate about their Italian heritage, dreaming of traveling Italy like a local, or looking to find themselves through travel. Cassandra is also currently studying for a life-coaching certification and is an inspirational speaker for TEDx Mannheim 2016! She lives between NYC and Florence.
Shari Hochberg; Author and Yoga Instructor
CEO & Founder of Sole Yoga Holidays
Shari discovered the unlimited and positive effects of a consistent yoga practice over 15 years ago in San Francisco, California. In 2010 she moved to Florence, Italy and received her certification as a yoga instructor. Now a permanent resident of Florence, she has opened her own yoga studio, began leading retreats with Sole Yoga Holidays and even published her first book,
I Got Laid Off, Traveled And Wrote This Story.
Shari has been leading yoga retreats and holidays for over 3 years in amazing locations from Greece to India to Morocco and all over her adopted and gorgeous country, Italy. She enjoys teaching a vigorous, playful and challenging Ashtanga Flow Class accompanied by an equally dynamic playlist. Shari hopes through her teaching she can inspire others with the grace and love that she has found.
Our Home for the Week
Our retreat takes place at a lovely eco-friendly 18th century countryside resort. An oasis of wellbeing, our location is immersed in the green and lush hillsides of Alghero and enveloped by the soft embrace of the vineyards, in the shade of both palm trees and olive trees.
The resort also has a full spa, a full tennis court, horseback riding and is located just 10km from the sea!
This is truly a sensory experience: from the outdoor yoga and massages to the flavors of the typical local cuisine and wines to the smells of natural oils in the spa. A delicious and hearty breakfast will be served in a tranquil garden or poolside.
The classic rooms are tastefully furnished, with glazed terracotta flooring and bright windows. The bath is large with a private bath and eco-friendly amenities including a bathrobe, minibar and air conditioning. Single supplement available for a limited number of rooms.
Your Tour Includes
- 5 nights Accommodations in Alghero Resort
- Airport transfer to/from Alghero airport*
- 2x Daily Vinyasa Power Yoga/Yin or Restorative
- Daily Organic Homemade Breakfast
- 3 Regional Dinners
- 2 Apericena (one special 'sensory' aperitivo!)
- One street food 'light' lunch on Walking Tour
- Private 4-hour Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Half-Day Boat Tour with Lunch on Board
- Transportation to Local Beach on Free Day
- All transportation to/from tours
- Bi-Lingual Tour Leaders
Did you know that 2% of your purchase goes towards fulfilling a student's travel dream? Read more about our contribution to FLYTE here
Retreat Limited to 10 people
Price Per Person Based on Double Occupancy: 3,499 Euro
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT: €3699 (€200 extra)
Does not include Flights or Travel Insurance | Single Room Request Please Contact Us
I have never heard of Sardinia, where it is located?
Sardinia is the second largest island of Italy located about 460 KM from Rome. Also, please note Sardinia and Sardenga are the same island. ;)
What if I do not do Yoga?
Yoga is completely optional but please keep in mind that Shari is able to accordingly for the best yoga experience.
What is the average temperature?
Average temperature ranges in the low 80's F Degrees.
Why are only Most Meals" included but not all meals?
From past trips we learned:
1. Most of our organized meals are served...well...Italian Style!! So they may be a bit filling, therefore we left some time for you to skip a meal (if you are full) or get enjoy something a bit lighter at your leisure.
2. Diets, Restrictions & Allergies..oh my! We understand the pressure of traveling with these requests and we always accommodate in the best possible way. However, we now offer some time for you to enjoy a meal of your choice with no stress! But do not worry there will be no shortage on food, just in case you were wondering!!
Do I have to attend every day trip?
Of course not! We hope you do but you are always welcome to stay back and enjoy 'you' time or coordinate another trip on your own. However, please note this does not change the price of the trip. :)
Can I come as a single?
Yes, we would love to have you! We do not match up roommates so you are welcome to purchase the room at the single rate stated above which is a slight additional fee (so you can have the room all to yourself)!